Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Finding my Voice


Finding my Voice

It takes a lot of courage to stand up for something you believe in. It takes a lot of courage to go against the crowd. It takes a lot of courage to become who you are meant to be.

Part of becoming and finding yourself is learning how to let fear of being different go. Too often I question myself of things I do. Will people judge me for this? Creating this blog was a stepping stone for me. I thought to myself, people will just say I’m not credible or who really cares what I have to say and think. Although this may be true to some, finding my voice is a blessing and sharing it is for the people that might be impacted in a positive way. What I have come to realize, and need to remember when I start letting fear creep in, what is the purpose of experiences and wisdom if they are not shared?  It’s great if you have a gift, but it’s useless unless it is shared and benefits others.

This leads me into how easily we judge one another. It is so simple to point out wrong and flaws in other people, but very rare do we really evaluate ourselves. I can’t sit here and say I have never judged someone, but I do reflect on actions I make and things I say. Being a well rounded and kind hearted person doesn’t mean you don’t ever make mistakes and you’re perfect. It means you care enough to learn and not repeat. To be the one that tries to make things right. Too often we over think, over analyze, and misunderstand people by assuming. If I post a picture of myself and friends at a bar with a drink, does that make me a party girl? I am proud of who I am and who I have become and confident with myself, does that make me conceited? I don’t praise you in everything you do, does that make me unappreciative? I stand up for what I believe is right and go against the crowd if I need to, does that make me arrogant or cocky? I’m hyper and happy most of the time, does that make me fake? I don’t always have the right answer or do the right thing; does that make me any different than you?
It's important to get to know someone's heart instead of judging what you see. Sometimes intentions aren't always clear and it's not my job or yours to criticize for lack of knowledge. If we all worked on believing the best and do everything in our power to concentrate on making ourselves better rather than trying to improve everyone around us, maybe it would make a difference.

Something I’ve learned is to get where you want to go and to be who you want to be, you are going to have to do difficult and uncomfortable things sometimes. Best advice is to remember how you want to feel, how you want to be remembered, who you were created to be and what you were created to do. Be strong and courageous. Use that truth as motivation to keep you going. It’ll be worth it.

Much Love and God Bless,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment