Saturday, July 13, 2013

Life Cleanse-Positive People Only!

-Life Cleanse-

The only people worthy to be in your life are the ones that build you up. Do the people you surround yourself with bring the best out in you or serve as a sponge for all their problems and negativity? Emotions are contagious and misery isn't going to be rewarded. You can't change anyone but yourself and you can't be positive until you're no longer being influenced by them.
            I’m sure this is something everyone can relate to. You wake up feeling good. You turn your music on, jam out (maybe that’s just me :o)) and you build yourself up for what is going to be an awesome positive day. No matter where life takes you that day, you’re going to encounter negative people. The complainers, the gossipers, people that are mad at the world (not you), and people that let fear run their life. I do understand that life brings challenges and it’s not realistic to be happy go lucky every day. You’re allowed to have a bad day. But something I try to remember is that no one is at fault for what I am personally going through. There is no reason to take my bad day and make them company to it. As simple as this may sound, we all get caught up in all of the negative acts of emotion. When you surround yourself with people that complain or gossip, you find yourself getting involved and engaging in their negativity. You may add into it. Not because you want to. Not because you really mean it. But you got pulled into it. It can be compared to a sugar high. You feel okay while the act or conversation is going on, but then you’re left feeling bad about yourself. We’ve all done it and been there. Forgive yourself! What I am personally working on is trying to avoid these situations. This is definitely hard to do because even some of my close friends and people I have to associate with every day are these negative people. You can’t just drop your friends, or run away from problems at work, but there are solutions and ways to better deal when these situations arise. Even though difficult, I feel to make a better me, it is possible and something I must strive for. I have been tested a lot in the past months. God has placed me in negative situations and I noticed I kept getting the same test until I finally realized what He was doing. I can’t change the people around me. I can only concentrate on myself. I have not aced the test yet. I can say I’m getting better. This is where the Life Cleanse starts. Separating myself from things that don’t make me happy or don’t serve my purpose that I have been given. Concentrate on the positive and you will see positive results. Concentrate on the negative and you will see the negative. We all have the choice. Be Positive!

Much Love and God Bless,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment