Thursday, August 8, 2013

Unwritten Contract

              An amazing journey comes to a close. Silver Dancer auditions are 2 days away and it is defiantly weird not preparing all my stuff for them. I can’t explain or begin to express how honored and blessed I feel to have been a part of the organization for 3 incredible years. The girls I have danced along side with are like sisters to me. My coach is like mom and the whole organization really is like family. I think back to when I was younger, sitting in the seats, watching the ladies dance and wishing someday I could be in their shoes. It was just a dream back then. I had to pinch myself sometimes wondering if this was really happening, am I really living my dream. The journey was more than I could ever dream of as a little girl. People ask all the time, “What is your favorite part of being a Silver Dancer?” I could never just say one thing because I am completely grateful for it all. There’s that feeling of having a group of ladies always there to be your biggest supporters. Always having someone to relate to and help you push to be better. It’s no secret its hard work to be on this team. You go through a day of work or school and then you’re required to give your all for practice or dance through a 3 hour game. I would walk in exhausted to practice some days. I would look up to see a smile on my coaches’ face, or look at the girl next to me and feed off her energy. This experience is one that can’t be done alone. You learn to really rely on your teammates.

              Nothing can compare to game day. You’re standing in the tunnel, lights off, crowd screaming, and you get the biggest adrenaline rush you could ever think of. Although my very first home game was the most memorable, the feeling was the same, every single game. I never got comfortable and even being a 3 season vet, I still had nerves. Nerves of excitement, nerves that made me remember this is all reality. After the anticipation of waiting to run out, I get to my spot and would look up to the very top. The fans are so loud you can feel their excitement and love for the team. That would always make me smile and fuel me with energy for the game.

                One last thing that truly made this experience meaningful was the woman leading the team. Not only was my coach a fabulous dancer who taught me how to perform, entertain, push for more; she was an amazing leader and example for a young lady like me to look up to.  She is a daughter of God and represents her faith in a positive way. Being someone that works hard to live a Godly life, I respected so much of having someone like this as my guide.  She truly has been an inspiration to me and I know many others.

                I take a look at my life and I know that I have been completely blessed. I have more than I deserve and I am so grateful for all the blessings God has brought into my life. As a blessed person, you have an unwritten social contract to share those blessings with others. As difficult as the decision was to make, I feel like it is my time to serve. We are to act as selfless as possible and live a life that helps others. I have been praying for obedience to the Lord’s plan and trying to follow what He has put on my heart. My plan is to give back, volunteer, mission work, get more involved in my church, and just be that helpful hand.  The best way to live life is by helping and serving others and I want that to be my main priority. Whether it may be my role as a teacher, speaking at Giddings, or a volunteer, I am ready for what is going to be called upon me to do.

                I am thankful for the past 3 years and the woman that it has helped me become. I am happy for the ladies that will continue their journey that I have danced along side with and ready to be their number one fan! I am very excited for the ladies that are about to begin their journey with the family in a couple days. They don’t even know how incredible this experience is going to be. I hope ya’ll take it all in and absolutely enjoy every minute. Embrace change, be optimistic, stay humble, and have as much fun as you can.  

I will forever be the biggest Spurs fan and bleed Black&Silver
GO SPURS GO!!!

God Bless and Much Love,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment